Community-based fitness involving constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movements.
Community-based: Mainly group classes, some private instruction on request.
Fitness: We get your body fitter.
Constantly varied: Different workouts every day.
High-Intensity: You will work hard.
Functional: You move the way nature intended according to the function of the human body.
- Weightlifting: Squats, deadlifts, cleans, presses, kettlebell work
- Gymnastics: Pull-ups, push-ups, muscle-ups, L-sits
- Skill work: Jumping rope, rope climbs
- “Cardio” work or Metabolic Training: Running, rowing, sled pushes
- Prehabilitative work: Planks, glute bridge
- Core work: Sit-ups, toes-to-bar, knees-to-elbows
To hear it how Crossfit HQ says it: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/what-crossfit.html
What should I expect in a class?
Classes are 1 hour long.
You will “WOD” (see FAQ for Crossfit terminology) with a maximum of 25 people (of all ability levels) and 1-4 coaches running the class.
Class structure will go like this:
- Whiteboard talk
- Mobility work
- Dynamic warm-up
- Task-specific warm-up
- Strength/Skill work
- WOD [4-30 minutes in length]
- High-fives for finishing the WOD
- Static Cool-down